Sunday, August 2, 2020

Tender Tones "In Dreamed Lives"



After a long (very much unplanned) break from music blogging, I am back. Despite all the past reviews, I believe this is my first attempt to ever embed a video on the blog, so hopefully it's showing up fine. Any tips for making that look better are welcome (or take the bypass to YouTube). Anyways onto the band...

Tender Tones are a duo from Paris, France. Although they may not describe their music as dream pop, "In Dreamed Lives" is the epitome of dream pop. I've shared this video with a few folks already and one of them laughed when I said how much I loved the beats and another remarked that they hoped that I wasn't going to say they had broken up the band or something nonsensical like that. The intro to their latest single "Pay More Pray More" reminds me a lot of Loveless era My Bloody Valentine and also has a similar vibe to Joy Division.

I may be the first or among the first to describe the following in this manner... During these difficult times, it's great to support musicians, however it's perhaps better if you can find ways to support them more directly... You know, to do the most good. I encourage you reach out to musicians directly asking how you can best do that and not to merely rely on cues from folks taking a sizeable cut from that.