Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Pigeon Lane - How Sweet, How Kind…


I listened to this LP heaps, I knew I liked it, I gave it a rest for a couple of days to mull it over. Days passed - then I put it on loudly. And, yes.
The first song ‘Judy’ is like jumping into pool that is overflowing with guitar pop sweetness. It’s beautiful and refreshing. The following song “All Together” has a really melodious hook before the chorus, one that you can’t help but sing along to.

This is what I know about Pigeon Lane: they are from Koln (pretend the o has the two little dots above it), I find myself wanting to listen to them when I am feeling relaxed especially when I am with my girlfriend; it’s a good morning to mid-afternoon listen, it’s a more romantic version of Silver Screen’s “The Greatest Story Never Told”.

As an LP How Sweet, How Kind… stands really well, you can appreciate it, and listen to it with ease. Full of sweet love songs, brimming with indie-pop emotion that you can chill to. Put it on in any company, as it’s not going to offend anyone, oh, and the CD-case insert is printed on a healthy matte paper stock, I love matte paper.

It took Thomas Weber approximately one year to record this album in his home recording studio, he is still happy with the result. I am too, in a less accomplished way; but equally as happy because it’s one of those albums that reminds you how good indie-pop is, and makes you thankful that guys like Weber decide to make music.

Go to http://pigeonlane.de/ for your folk-pop fill.

No comments: